- Child Safety
- General Information
- Media and Internet Safety
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Parenting Multiples
- Partnership at Drug Free.org
Helping parents deal with teen substance abuse
- Club Drugs
Important information and resources on club drugs, provided by the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
The official site for the Sexuality Information and Education Council of the U.S
- The Society for Adolescent Medicine
Tips for teens and parents, sponsored by the Society of Adolescent Medicine.
- TeenHealth FX
Award winning site for teens. This collaborative initiative is maintained with teenagers, community leaders, and the Adolescent/Young Adult Center for Health at Goryeb Children’s Hospital, Morristown NJ.
Health information site sponsored by the Nemours Center for Children’s Health Media.
The National Women’s Health Information Center. A project of the US Department of Health and Human Services Office of Women’s Health.
- La Leche League
The official site for La Leche League International. (800) LALECHE
- Automotive Safety Program
National leader and expert in the transportation of children with special health care needs.
- The International Association for Child Safety
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
(888) DASH2DOT. Information on child passenger safety and car seat inspections.
- National Safe Kids Campaign
- Safety Belt Safe USA
(800) 745-SAFE. National, non-profit organization dedicated to child passenger safety.
- The National Center for Fathering
Offers support and education for fathers and fathers-to-be.
- Ask Mr. Dad
Armin Brott, noted author on fathering has some down to earth advice for today’s dads.
- pickles and icecream
Great resource for expectant fathers written by an experienced obstetrician.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics
The offical website for the AAP, offering advice and information on a multitude of pediatric topics.
- The National Down Syndrome Society
The official site for the National Down Syndrome society.
- The National Parenting Center
Reviews of products and serivices for children and their parents.
Excellent resource for parents. The official site for the Nemours Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to children’s health.
- The Red Cross
For information on First Aid and CPR training.
- The Spina Bifida Association of America
- The Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Alliance
Information on Sudden Infant Death, the Back to Sleep Program and safe sleep practices.
Media and Internet Safety
- Media Family
Safety tips for surfers from the National Institute on Media and the Family. Advice for parents on how to talk to their children about Internet use. Also rates video games for violence and sexual content.
- Center on Media and Child Health
Researchers at Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School. Mission is to understand the effects of media on the physical and emotional well being of children
The official site for Children and Adolescents with ADHD (CHADD).
- The National Attention Deficit Disorder Association
- Mothers and More
Non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of mothers through support, education and advocacy. They address mothers’ needs as individuals and members of society, and promote the value of all the work mothers do
- Postpartum Support International
The offical site for M.O.S.T. (Mothers of Super Twins), a support network for families of triplets or more.
The official site for the National Organization of Mothers of Twins Clubs (NOMOTC), a support group of twins and higher order multiple birth.
- The Preventive Ounce
Creating an image of your child’s temperament. Take a short survey and you will receive an assessment of your toddler’s temperament.
- Zero to Three
Provides general information on temperamental traits.